Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Treasure Maps Week 1

Today we looked at www.geocaching.com to see how geocachers in the real world hide and seek geocaches. We looked at Google maps to see caches in our area, and we used a secret code to decipher a message about a hidden cache. We then took our caches outside to find the perfect hiding spot and drew a sketch of a map of the surrounding area. Finally, we recreated that map in KidPix with the coordinates for the cache and a compass rose. We also made our own secret code to give a clue about the location of our cache.

For today's reflection: What did you learn today?

17 comments:

  1. today i learned that geochaching is not so bad=)
    by j.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I learned how to use KidPix. I also learned how to make picture on photo out of nothing and it was fun. Thanks Mrs.Lara

    Posted by M.T

    ReplyDelete
  3. @m.t. you got a point.
    by j.m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I learned was to use kid pix and how to make my background 3D.Also learned how to change the order of the layer. =(




    posted by H.B

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ h.b. why is that sad
    by j.m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today was a blast learning about computer skills and how to edit the pichiers that we get and to make in to any thing we want them to be. posted by M.M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today I learned how to use kidpix and im still learning about geocaching. Geacaching is very fun but one part of geocaching that we didn't do is leave something in return of what we found. I also reviewed over photo shop about how to bevel and use different colors since I went to tech camp last year ( bevel means to 3-D something)this year is a little different from last but i am still enjoying this year like i did last
    -A.P

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite was when we hid our caches ,I have the best spot.

    Posted by M.T

    ReplyDelete
  9. to day i learned that you can make maps on kid pixs and move the map to photoshop and make a background on photoshop it was also fun. i got to hide a photo that i made and it was awsome. i also learned that you can change your name to a cool fonton photoshop.i had an awsome day today.

    posted by: A.M

    ReplyDelete
  10. @j.m because I'm freezing

    posted by H.B

    ReplyDelete
  11. today i learned how to use kid pix!:)
    its really fun when you use it because you get to make all of the things that you have made on your paper.
    its better when you have someone to help you on it.
    when you try and find like a treasure you can put it on your map like a circle or an x.

    so far in tech camp i have learned a lot about geocaching, photoshop and i WISH that i could learn more but thins is my last day in tech camp.

    posted by M.D.T

    ReplyDelete
  12. @h.b. I know right. by j.m.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @M.D.T

    Good Bye

    Posted by M.T

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ M.D.T to bad your leaving but im sure you have enjoyed yourself maybe you could go home and teach yourself all the things that we are learning

    -A.P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Also to learn that you can make any thing you want it to be like if you want a bird in what ever you have.Its fun to learn stuff on the computer and to know these things. posted by M.M.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @j.m now I know how it to be in alaska

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tomorrow is the last day,man.

    -M.T

    ReplyDelete